DEABA. Artículos de Investigación
URI permanente para esta colección
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoIoT aplicado a sistemas de riego en agricultura: Un análisis de usabilidad(2022-01-05)The Internet of Things favors using technological tools in rural environments thanks to the ability to connect to the Internet between devices that facilitate daily tasks. The research aims to evaluate the usability of the decision support systemfor irrigation in agriculture, AgroRIEGO,through the development of an IoT-based device. The sponsors of this project were the Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies and the Center of Excellence in the Internet of Things Appropriation (CEA-IoT) in Colombia. Among the methods used is the use of the heuristic evaluation technique, structured into 15 categories and 62 subcategories of assessment. This analysis was complemented by the contribution of a group of experts in the design and development of IoT applications and devices and agriculture to assess the system's attributes.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoExploring the Evolution of the Topics and Research Fields of Territorial Development from a Comprehensive Bibliometric Analysis(2022-05-26)Countries with great deficiencies in development, research, and innovation are investing resources to advance in this aspect; meanwhile, it is necessary to advance in initiatives that promote local development, through the correct use and management of endogenous territorial capacities to achieve economic, social, and environmental development, and this is where the territorial development approach has intervened during the last decades. To obtain an understanding of the evolution of the research field on territorial development, a study of research topics and groups of research topics is implemented from subscription-based data sources (Scopus, Science direct, Ebsco, and Web of Science) and open access (Lens and Dimension platforms). Keyword co-occurrence techniques were implemented, and indicators of link strength and density-centrality of clusters were used to abstract patterns of change within the field of study. The evolution of the area, trends, and issues related to territorial development are identified in the different databases, mapping a discipline that still lacks comparative publications between research results at different scales.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoKnowledge sharing among academics: why organizational narcissism in higher education matters?(2022-01-11)Purpose This paper aims to analyse the effects of organizational narcissism on four knowledge-sharing aspects among academics: publications, personal interactions, organizational communication and network interaction. Design/methodology/approach This research uses a sample of 288 research groups from public and private universities in Colombia. The study used structural equations by the partial least squares method (PLS). Findings The results indicate that organizational narcissism has a positive and significant influence on the four knowledge-sharing aspects analysed. The greatest effect of organizational narcissism is generated in organizational communication, followed by personal interactions, network interaction and publications. Originality/value This work contributes to developing the emerging theoretical perspective which gives greater attention to the analysis of organizational behaviours considered strategic given their potential to dynamize knowledge sharing as opposed to focusing on how publications are affected by fragments or specific aspects of organizational culture. The findings show organizational narcissism is one of such strategic behaviours. Moreover, the study sheds light on the controversy between positions for and against organizational narcissism, and the results contradict previous studies that highlight the negative repercussions of this organizational behaviour on publications. In addition, our work provides a perspective that allows for a broader view in evaluating the actual extent of the impact of organizational narcissism, which is not exclusively limited to the publication dimension. In this way, the research horizons of organizational narcissism are also expanded, as regrettably it was long seen as a phenomenon that occurred almost exclusively in the business context.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoTowards The Hydrogen Economy: Estimation of green hydrogen production potential and the impact of its uses in Ecuador as a case study(2022-06-06)The estimation of the green hydrogen (H2) production potential represents the initial stage on the road to integrating the Hydrogen Economy into the energy systems of a country or region. This article has two purposes; the first focuses on identifying and analyzing studies on the amount of green H2 obtainable in countries and regions across the globe. In total, 64 studies in 29 countries are reported, of which the geographical distribution of the estimates of green H2 potential is obtained. Additionally, the most widely used renewable energy sources and the conversion technologies favored for their production were identified. The Americas and Argentina were the continents and the country, respectively, with the largest number of studies. At the same time, solar photovoltaic (PV) and electrolysis are the most studied production methods. The second purpose is to quantify the total potential of green H2 in the Republic of Ecuador and explore its uses as an energy vector and chemical input in niches of opportunity detected from the analysis of its energy balance. In this regard, the total potential of green H2 in Ecuador of 4.38 × 108 tons/year is obtained, being the production of electrolytic H2 with PV electricity the one with the highest contribution. The amount of H2 available satisfies, in excess, the demand for the proposed uses: as fuel and chemical input. These results contribute to the knowledge of the object of study by making visible the interest of the countries in having such estimates and identifying the most attractive production route in the first place, and secondly, providing essential elements for the development of more detailed research and energy planning on the gradual incorporation of the Hydrogen Economy in Ecuador.
- PublicaciónAcceso abiertoTowards the Hydrogen Economy in Paraguay: Green hydrogen production potential and end-uses(2022-06-15)This study was conducted to estimate the potential for green H2 in Paraguay. A total production potential of 22.5 × 106 tons/year was obtained with a main contribution (93.34%) from solar photovoltaic. The greatest potential for producing H2 from solar and wind resources is in the Western region, and from hydro resources is in the Eastern region of the country. Two end-uses of green H2 were assessed: (1) automotive transportation, replacing gasoline and diesel; and (2) residential energy, replacing firewood and LPG for cooking in households across the country. In 16 of the 17 departments, green H2 is able to replace the overall consumption of gasoline and diesel, as well as firewood and LPG. Finally, energy service cost (mobility), environmental aspects and CO2 emissions were considered for three urban mobility technologies for the Metropolitan Area of Asunción. Results show that the mobility cost of fuel cell hybrid electric buses is still very high in comparison to diesel buses and battery electric buses. However, when a longer driving range is required, fuel cell hybrid electric buses could become a viable alternative in the long term. From an environmental point of view, green H2 used in fuel cell hybrid electric buses has the potential to save about 96% of CO2 emissions in comparison to diesel buses. It is concluded that the estimated green H2 production potential favors the incorporation of the Hydrogen Economy in Paraguay.